(Why we collect your personal data and what we do with it)
When you supply your details to this clinic they are stored and processed for 4 reasons (the bits in bold are the relevant terms used in the Data Protection Act 2019, which includes the General Data Protection Regulation – ie the law)
- We need to collect personal information about your health, in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
- We have a ‘Legitimate Interest’ in collecting that information, because without it we could not do our job effectively and safely.
- We also think that it is important that we can contact you to confirm our appointments with us or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes ‘Legitimate Interest’, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time- just let us know by any convenient method.
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25 if this is longer), but after this period you can ask us to delete your records if you wish. Otherwise, we will retain your records indefinitely in order that we can provide you with the best possible care should you need to see us at some future date.
Your records are stored on paper, locked in filing cabinets and the offices are always locked and alarmed out of working hours.
Your email, not medical records. may be stored on our office computer/laptop. These are password protected, backed up regularly and the offices are always locked and alarmed out of working hours.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people/agencies will have routine access to your data:
- Your practitioner(s) in order that they can provide you with treatment
- We also use Mailchimp to coordinate our messages, so your name and email address may be saved on their server.
You have the right to see what personal data of yours we hold, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the minimum legal period has elapsed, you can also ask us to erase your records.
We want you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly and confidentially. We will never pass your details onto any third party.
I have read and understood the privacy notice and hereby give my consent to Deborah Knight Key Counselling/ Key mindfulness holding my records and consent to receiving general health information from the above.
Signed ……………………………………………. Name…………………………………………………Date……………………………